[Asterisk-Users] Different ring when called by door entry

Nigel Burgess nigel at nigel-burgess.com
Tue Feb 1 08:43:59 MST 2005

Hi all

I have a door entry system that connects to an FXS Card.  When the button is
pressed it dials an extension which is actually a group of all other SIP
extension.

Is there anyway you can specify that the phones ring a different ring type
when a call is received by that FXS card extension ?  This is so I can
determin the difference between a call and a door entry ring.

I saw that a snom phone has different ringtone types.  Would this work in my
case ?  Are there any other options ?

Thanks  Nigel