[Asterisk-Users] No Sound Playback

Hal Lightwood hal at tbaytel.net
Tue Feb 1 08:16:09 MST 2005

New install, Calls are working phone to phone using gsm, ulaw or alaw
codec but when try and echo test or voicemail there is no playback.
I've tried turning on and off every codec and still no luck.

Asterisk says it's playing the sound file but I just don't hear
anything. I can't find any reason for this.  I've tried the latest tar
and CVS with the same result.

sip*CLI>
    -- Executing Playback("SIP/hal-ac2d", "demo-echotest") in new stack
    -- Playing 'demo-echotest' (language 'en')
Feb  1 05:13:57 NOTICE[12285]: rtp.c:317 process_rfc3389: RFC3389
support incomplete.  Turn off on client if possible
sip*CLI>

the RFC3389 message doesn't appear until after a few seconds of silence,
I'm not sure it is relevent.

The server and client are on the same local subnet, there is no firewall
or anything to cause problems.

Running Debian Linux sip 2.4.29 #1 SMP Wed Jan 26 07:52:41 EST 2005 i686
unknown