[Asterisk-Users] IAXy Hung, Power-cycle Required

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan at nextalarm.com
Tue Feb 1 07:55:19 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 15:59 -0500, Paul Dugas wrote:

> I've got a single IAXy installed in a little office nearby and got a call
> from someone on site a finew mintues ago.  Apparently they couldn't make a
> call on that extension.  They'd pick up the phone and get nothing; no
> dial-tone.

> Has snyone else had trouble with these things sticking like this?
>
> Paul

Yes - we are having the exact same problem with a portion of our IAXys
in the field. In all cases the IAXys are behind simple SOHO firewalls
like the Linksys. After an idle period - perhaps 1-3 days - they just
stop working, in both directions, but a simple power cycle restores
functionality.

We have an open support incident with Digium but have not yet heard
back. FWIW we have stopped selling & deploying the IAXys until we have a
resolution to the problem.

Bryan