[Asterisk-Users] Re: broken message waiting indicator on Polycom IP600?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Tue Feb 1 07:41:25 MST 2005

> I faithfully followed the instructions from:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-
> Getting+MWI+on+Polycom+Phones+to+work+with+Asterisk
>
> but still the message waiting indicator doesn't flash when a message is
> waiting. There is a brief intermittent chirp but nothing more.
>
> Using latest firmware 1.4.1

My only suggestion would be to make sure you've put the correct VM
context in the phone's sip.conf section - i.e. "mailbox="123 at context".
It sounds like you must have done this, though, since you're getting
the MWI chirp, just not the light.  Do you get the stutter on the
dialtone?

It could also be one of the XML settings in the 1.4.1 firmware. I
haven't gotten a chance to play with it much, but maybe you can turn
off the MWI light, but keep the other MWI features on?  Did it work
with other firmware versions?

Or, it could just be a bad LED.  Does the LED light up when the phone
boots?