[Asterisk-Users] X100P Clone

Razvan Turtureanu razvan at webmail.pub.ro
Tue Feb 1 06:40:50 MST 2005

I'm new to asterisk and fror a cupple of days I heave been googleing the
net for digium "clones", because it's very hard for me to get a digium
card (X100P).
Does anyone Know another substitute for X100P (I know that intel based
modem with chip 537/MD3200 is working but I did not find any of those) ?
I made it work with an Intel 536 (with a costumised driver that I found
on the asterisk-users archive*) voice modem but the voice from the PSTN
is not routed thought the SIP channels, you can only hear it in the
modem's speaker.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem...

modified this function in:
/usr/src/asterisk/channels/chan_modem.c
int ast_modem_send(struct ast_modem_pvt *p, char *cmd, int len)
{
    int i;
    usleep(5000);
    if (!len) {
        for(i = 0; cmd[i];)
           {
            if (fwrite(cmd + i,1,1,p->f) != 1)
               {
                if (errno == EWOULDBLOCK) continue;
                return -1;
               }
            i++;
            usleep(5000);
           }
        tcdrain(fileno(p->f));
        fprintf(p->f,"\r\n");
        return 0;
    } else {
        if (fwrite(cmd, 1, len, p->f) < len)
            return -1;
        return 0;
    }
}

in /usr/src/asterisk/channels/chan_modem_bestdata.c I heave substitute
"bestdata_" with "intel_" and also this function:

static char *intel_idents[] = {
    /* Identify BestData Modem */
    "536EP",
    NULL
};

and I modified the /usr/src/asterisk/channels/Makefile for it to compile
the new chan_modem_intel.c

CHANNEL_LIBS=chan_modem.so chan_sip.so \
         chan_modem_aopen.so \
             chan_modem_bestdata.so \
             chan_modem_intel.so \
             chan_agent.so chan_mgcp.so chan_iax2.so \
         chan_local.so chan_skinny.so chan_features.so

Any help will be wery welcome

--
Universitatea Politehnica din Bucuresti
Serviciul de Informatizare si Comunicatii