[Asterisk-Users] AGI Script for CID Rewrite and CID Name lookup

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Feb 1 00:19:28 MST 2005

I recently changed to all IAX providers for my DIDs, and none of them
offer incoming caller-names.  Back in the days when I did have incoming
caller names, I found the names provided by the various phone-companies
fairly useless -- "WIRELESS CALLER", "YOURCITYHERE" etc.

Last Friday I finally set off to roll my own, in order to meet the
following requirements:
- uniformely format caller-id numbers in order to allow painless
call-return (that is, insert "1" to 10-digit numbers if they're not
provided, insert international dialing codes for overseas DIDs, etc)
- look up caller-name in a database
- if not found, look up caller-name online

The result can be found here:
http://www.muware.com/asterisk/

The current version is working, and it's even pretty tranparent.  There
isn't much in the way of error trapping or such, and there will likely
be some changes/additions before publishing a stable release.

Test the heck out of this little guy -- Comments are welcome.