[Asterisk-Users] answer supervision and POTS

Jason D. Wolfe jasonwolfe at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 30 22:57:53 MST 2005

Hello,

I'm new to asterisk and creating a demonstration of what it can do to
satisfy a request by a client.  When I build out the real thing, we'll use
PRI, but for a demo I have two POTS lines and a TDM400.  I've never worked
with POTS lines, and have learned that there is no way to get answer
supervision on analog lines.  I'm a little confued with this because it
seemed to work about 30% of the time (my script fired when the call was
actually answered, using callprogress=yes).  Can someone direct me to
resources to learn more about this?  is it true that this will be a
non-issue when I move to PRI? Is there an acceptable workaround for this
problem?  Someone suggested using the -r flag with Dial(), is this really
appropriate?

Thanks for ANY help.

Jason Wolfe
jasonwolfe at bellsouth.net
c (770) 561-6956

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s)
to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any
person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's
designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or
their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.