[Asterisk-Users] GXP-2000 any good with * ?

Bjorn Asmul bjorn at atlasvoice.com
Fri Dec 30 18:18:09 MST 2005

You have to disable the local call features to let Asterisk deal with
them.
Otherwise the phone will try to accommodate all those features.

It's important to update to the latest firmware to get the best use.
Using .13 works well with all features. If you're on speakerphone you
should not crank it up to the loudest volume.

Overall the phone beats any other phone in the same price category, and
you're not bound to stupid licensing/software limitations as the others.
It should also be said that Grandstream is working closely with
Asterisk. That can NOT be said about other, and more expensive, phones.
Last time I spoke to Polycom they didn't want to help me when I told
them I was connecting the phone to Asterisk. They tend to support only
(expensive) commercial PBX's.

Bjorn