[Asterisk-Users] GXP-2000 any good with * ?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Fri Dec 30 18:02:59 MST 2005

> Anyone using the GXP-2000 with * ?

Yup.  I like the phone -- works nicely, easy to configure, four lines, etc.

> Any showstopper problems?

Well... see below.

> The echo issues, is it speakerphone only?

The speakerphone kinda sucks.  Maybe someone with a newer firmware or
different config options has found differently.  I was all ready to make
the GXP-2000 my "default" desk phone, but nixed it after trying to use the
speakerphone.  IMHO, it's not so much echo as it is feedback -- the
speaker seems to be awfully close to the microphone.  [Note: I may be dead
wrong, but that's my hunch.]  Since I don't have one working right now, I
can't comment further...

-Ken