[Asterisk-Users] Semi-OT: porting numbers away

Ross C wotech at cox.net
Fri Dec 30 12:33:43 MST 2005

Thanks Matt.
Are there limitations with call forwarding?  For example, with Teliax's pay
as you go plan you can have a whole bunch of simultaneous calls (we had 12
going the other day).  So say we get 10 or 12 calls on our telco number that
forwards to Teliax, is there a limit to the number of forwarded calls going
on at once?  Or does the telco hand-off the call to Teliax, then the telco
is no longer involved in that call?  I just don't want call forwarding to
defeat the purpose of going with an ITSN or limit my capabilities.

Also, do I need to have an actual physical analog line to use call
forwarding?  I have two numbers that I would like to forward, but I really
only need one POTS line that would be used by outgoing stuff (911, credit
card machines, etc).  So could I have 123-4567 forward to Teliax#987-6543
and 123-4568 forward to Teliax#987-6542, but only have one actual POTS line?
Or is this heavily dependent on the telco doing the forwarding?

Thanks!

-ross