[Asterisk-Users] Semi-OT: porting numbers away

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Dec 30 12:06:27 MST 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 13:23, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> CLECs and ILECs largely are required to let you port your number (there
> are some potential issues that cna prevent that but genereally that is a
> true statement).

An interesting wrinkle I'm running against is that you cannot port numbers
from a cellular carrier to a landline.  i.e. I can't port my cell # to a DID
on my PRI.  I am not sure if this is just a line of bullshit fed to me from
Bell Mobility (Canadian CDMA carrier) but I've not had the time to really dig
in.  They claim that between cell carriers numbers are portable but not from
cell to landline.

-A.