[Asterisk-Users] Problem getting D channel up on Sangoma A102

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 30 07:07:34 MST 2005

>   I am installing an Asterisk box equipped with the Sangoma A102 card. The telco
> just tested the PRI interface and it is ll ok. I
> now connect my Asterisk box and I can't get the D-Channel up. If I enable
> intense pri debug I see messages like the following:
>
> --SNIP START--
> < [ 02 01 7f ]
>
> < Unnumbered frame:
> < SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
> <  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> <   M3: 3   P/F: 1 M2: 3 11: 3  [ SABME (set asynchronous balanced mode
> extended) ]
> < 0 bytes of data
> -- Got SABME from network peer.
> Sending Unnumbered Acknowledgement
>

> >> [ 02 01 73 ]
>

> >> Unnumbered frame:
> >> SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
> >>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> >>   M3: 3   P/F: 1 M2: 0 11: 3  [ UA (unnumbered acknowledgement) ]
> >> 0 bytes of data
>
> -- Restarting T203 counter
> -- Restarting T203 counter
>   == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
> pbx*CLI>
> < [ 02 01 7f ]
>
> < Unnumbered frame:
> < SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
> <  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> <   M3: 3   P/F: 1 M2: 3 11: 3  [ SABME (set asynchronous balanced mode
> extended) ]
> < 0 bytes of data
> -- Got SABME from network peer.
> Sending Unnumbered Acknowledgement
>

> >> [ 02 01 73 ]
>

> >> Unnumbered frame:
> >> SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
> >>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> >>   M3: 3   P/F: 1 M2: 0 11: 3  [ UA (unnumbered acknowledgement) ]
> >> 0 bytes of data
>
> -- Restarting T203 counter
> -- Restarting T203 counter
>   == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
> T203 counter expired, sending RR and scheduling T203 again
> Sending Receiver Ready (0)
>

> >> [ 00 01 01 01 ]
>

> >> Supervisory frame:
> >> SAPI: 00  C/R: 0 EA: 0
> >>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> >> Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
> >> N(R): 000 P/F: 1
> >> 0 bytes of data
>
> -- Restarting T203 counter
> -- Retrying poll with f-bit
> Sending Receiver Ready (0)
>

> >> [ 00 01 01 01 ]
>

> >> Supervisory frame:
> >> SAPI: 00  C/R: 0 EA: 0
> >>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> >> Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
> >> N(R): 000 P/F: 1
> >> 0 bytes of data
>
> -- Restarting T203 counter
> Stopping T_203 timer
> T_200 timer already going (3)
>
> >> Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=13
> >> Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 0/0x0) (Originator)
> >> Message type: RESTART (70)
> >> [18 03 a9 83 86]
> >> Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  IntID: Implicit, PRI Spare: 0, Exclusive
>
> Dchan: 0
>
> >>                        ChanSel: Reserved
> [...]

A couple of items to check....

How sure are you the d-channel is on channel 24?

Check with the telco when you are ready to test as they will typically
disable the pri link to reduce the number of alarms they receive. They
are running under the assumption that you've not installed your stuff
yet and won't activate the d-channel (etc) until they know you are truly
ready to test/use the circuit.

Ensure you've connected your Sangoma card to the telco jack using a
T1/E1 cable.

Last, it is not uncommon (at least in the US) to find newly installed
circuits that some telco technician left in loopback. In very general
terms, one of their last installation steps is for them to loop back the
circuit (at your location) and then send/receive data through the circuit
from their central office to measure bit error rates, etc. If they forget
to dump that loopback, you are essentially sending calls to a unterminated
T1/E1 circuit.