[Asterisk-Users] RE:probelem in working of X100P

Tejas Shah tejas705 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 23:19:59 MST 2005

 hi all,

             I m a newbie to asterisk. I have just installed X1OOP card on my PC.In that PC i have installed asterisk. I have configured three files zaptal.conf,zapta.conf,extensions.conf for cheking X100P card's working ;

 I did following modifications in Zaptel.conf :

 fxsks=1
 loadzone=us
 defaultzone=us

 zapata.conf:

 language=en
 context=incoming
 signalling=fxs_ks
 usecallerid=yes
 echocancle=yes
 transfer=yes
 echocanclewhenbridged=yes
 channel => 1

 extension.conf :

 [general]
 static=yes
 writeprotect=yes

 [incoming]
 exten => s,1,Answer()
 exten =>s,2,Echo()

 Now in O'reilley Asterisk book i read that whenever i will make call to my PSTN no. with the another analog phone Asterisk will pick the phone and run the Echo() application, so that i can hear my own echo which will show that card in working in both directions.

 Now whenever i m making call frm another analog phone, i m just hearing a ring and phone is not picked up by asterisk application.

 On server i m getting these types of things :

 - - starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
 NOTICE[2444] : chan_zap.c : 5624 ss_thread : got event 2 (RING/ANSWERED)...
 NOTICE[2444] : chan_zap.c : 5624 ss_thread : got event 2 (RING/ANSWERED)...

 == Starting ZAP/1-1 at analog,s,1 failed so falling back to extension 's'
 == Starting ZAP/1-1 at analog,s,a still failed so falling back to extension 'default'

 WARNING[2444] : pbx.c : 1893 ast_pbx_run : Channel 'Zap/1-1' sent into invalid extension 's' in context 'default' but no invalid handeler

 so where i m getting wrong.........pls send me suggestion how to test whether my card in working in both directions or not?

 Thanks,

 tejas