[Asterisk-Users] Semi-OT: porting numbers away

Ross C wotech at cox.net
Thu Dec 29 23:18:35 MST 2005

Thanks, but I'm looking for information on porting numbers when the current
provider holding the numbers goes out of business and is unreachable.  Can I
get the numbers?  The business has had the same phone number for almost 30
years and definitely can't lose the number due to some provider's
instability.
As most VoIP companies are relatively new and small, I'm a bit skittish
about porting these numbers to an ITSN, then that company going out of
business and not being able to get my numbers back.  How would that work?

Thanks!!