[Asterisk-Users] Realtime Multiple Asterisk boxes and rtcachefriends MWI

Asterisk Asterisk at isgcom.com
Thu Dec 29 12:14:29 MST 2005

I am working an a multiple box asterisk solution.   I need phones to be able to login to multiple asterisk servers.  I need Phone A to be able to register to switch A and call Phone B that is registered to switch B.

With rtcachfriends=no  this can be done, However I then loss MWI and "sip show peers" plus if a Phone becomes unreachable the phone I get dead air until the dial timeout reached.

With rtcachfriends=yes  I get MWI & "Sip show peers", However I cannot call phones that register to a different switch.

My current working solution is to have rtcachfriends=yes.  Place the call via sip if dialstatus= chanunavaliable

I then route the call to the other switch via an IAX trunk.  Everything works but I don't have a true load balance soltuion. Plus it really only works for 2 boxes. It get out of hand when I add more..

I have tried using AGI and dialing the "full contact" found in the SIP realtime table. It works if the phone is active, but if the phone is no active I get dead air until the dial timeout is reached. This will not work as I cannot have 12 sec of dead air.    So is there a way know the status of a SIP UA?  It is it in the SIP realtime data?   I looked at regseconds but it does not seem to be it because I can have a UA that is unreachable and the regseconds are not expired.

Could realtime be altered to add a status filed to the SIP realtime table?

Or is there a asterisk configuration option that I missed?

This is my first post so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong list.

Many thanks!

Doug Gillespie