[Asterisk-Users] zaptel TDM21B 4-5 second pause

Eck eck at powernet.com
Thu Dec 29 09:16:00 MST 2005

Hi,

Sorry if this is a little off topic as its really more zaptel related, but hopefully someone will have come across this.,

I am noticing a 4-5 second pause when my Digium TDM21B is dialing, just before dialing the last digit.

This is causing me problems here in the UK as some telco (no prizes for guessing which one) seems to have reduced thier tolerence on DMTF pauses on some switches, so the switch is timing out after ten digits and not getting the eleventh because of the pause.

The installation is asterisk at home v2.2.

an example prefix this is happining on is: +44(0)199255xxxx.

I have worked around the problem by reducing DTMF_PAUSE in digits.h and recompliing zaptel, but this seems kludgey, does anyone know of a better solution?

Many thanks for any help.
-Alex.