[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 360 locked up SOLVED

Christian Stredicke Christian.Stredicke at snom.de
Thu Dec 29 07:31:55 MST 2005

He had run into a deadlock situation where he entered an (illegal)
string for the dial plan that made the phone lock up right after reboot.
That bug was fixed in one of the early 4.x versions. The way out was a
little trick with the web browser.

Generally I think if people have a problem today they should move to
4.5. This version seems to be pretty stable, we did not get any
crash-complains or major problem reports from this version.

For those who want to move on (feature-wise), it is time to jump on the
5.x train - the 5.0 version has been released a few days ago. We tried
our best to test this version as good as possible (including an
Asterisk-lab test), but from experience we know that new features always
take a certain time to stabilise. Therefore, I would today move to 5.0
only if it has a feature that the 4.5 does not have.

We tried to keep the release notes as informative as possible to make
this decision as easy as possible for you.

Happy New Year!

Christian