[Asterisk-Users] Aastra firmware 1.3.x

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu Dec 29 06:47:31 MST 2005

I have a related question about the 480i and firmware 1.3...

I have a 480i that I got about 1yr. ago and it didn't work well at all.
I finally got around to updating the firmware.  However, the phone will
not load its firmware.

I set up the tftp server and I pointed the phone to it.  I can watch the
logs on the tftp server and see that the transfer initiates.  However,
at a point in the startup process, the Aastra locks up.  The little
progress wheel on the display freezes and it won't respond to anything.
Not the keypad, Web interface, not even (IIRC) pings.

Has anyone run into this before?

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 01:02:13PM +0100, BennyBad wrote:
> Using the:
>
> # headset tx gain:
> # headset sidetone gain:
> handset tx gain: 10
> handset sidetone gain: 0
> # handsfree tx gain: 2
>
> Worked great for Me ! Actually we have 10 480i's and the settings are not
> the same for all phones. "handset tx gain xx" varies form +5 to +10, to get
> the same result. So I believe this is a HW issue.
>
> Reg. BennyB

-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.