[Asterisk-Users] PRI: This number has been disconnected

Thu Dec 29 04:04:02 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 14:00 -0300, Javier Ergas wrote:
> I believe this behavior has nothing to do with the A at H Scripts. I think the
> problem is in the PRI signalization.
> I can see the zap hangup messages when trying to call a disconnected number.
>     -- Executing Dial("SIP/9349-1787", "ZAP/g0/2514990") in new stack
>     -- Called g0/2514990
>     -- Channel 0/2, span 1 got hangup
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'
>   == No one is available to answer at this time
>     -- Executing Goto("SIP/9349-1787", "s-NOANSWER|1") in new stack
>     -- Goto (macro-dialout-trunk,s-NOANSWER,1)
> The telco says they are sending inband information with the status of the
> call, but Asterisk is hanging up the channel instead of connecting it to let
> hear the audio message.
>
> There is a post with a similar issue here:
> http://mailgate.supereva.com/comp/comp.dcom.isdn.capi/msg04138.html
>
> Is anyone experiencing the same behavior?

Sounds like the difference between doing inband signalling or out of
band signalling. I think by default, a PRI uses out of band signalling,
ie, it just sends a message saying "this number if un reachable" so
asterisk just hangs up and plays the local congestion dialplan.

What you need to do is use inband signalling, so that asterisk won't
hangup, and instead will pass the audio from the telco through.

See /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
; PRI Out of band indications.
; Enable this to report Busy and Congestion on a PRI using out-of-band
; notification. Inband indication, as used by Asterisk doesn't seem to
work
; outofband:      Signal Busy/Congestion out of band with
RELEASE/DISCONNECT
; inband:         Signal Busy/Congestion using in-band tones
priindication = outofband

Regards,
Adam