[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a Gateway

Nitesh Divecha nitesh at vipernetworks.com
Wed Dec 28 17:59:43 MST 2005

Thanks all,

What I am looking for is... Sending calls from my Nextone box to
Asterisk with 4 T1/E1 and vice versa.

For example Asterisk Gw will be installed in XYZ country.
I will do the routing from my Nextone box, if any users dial 887
+number, it will be routed to Asterisk Gw and terminated there.

Or

Vice versa... Asterisk Gw will be sending the calls to Nextone and
Nextone box will route to appropriate destination.

Thanks,
Neal

On Dec 28, 2005, at 4:19 PM, BJ Weschke wrote:

> On 12/28/05, Nitesh Divecha <nitesh at vipernetworks.com> wrote:
>> Thanks James,
>>
>> Are there any examples of dial plans? Like how to make the default
>> context?
>>
>> I just need a kick start on the config part, as I am really
>> struggling on routing the calls.
>>

>  Where are you trying to route them to? A single feature server?
> Multiple end points downline?
>
>  http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+extensions.conf
>
>  The link above provides some valuable documentation for call routing
> with Asterisk.
>
> --
> Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
> http://www.btwtech.com/