[Asterisk-Users] Conditional CODEC translation

Leandro Rzezak leandror at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:06:54 MST 2005

We have 40 IP phones on a LAN that work with g729 and alaw.

We have a VoIP termination provider that allows g729.

We would that internal calls (between our own IP phones) be handled using
alaw, and outgoing calls using native forwarded g729 without translation
(ie, not using asterisk g729 licenses). We need to avoid translations.

WHAT WE HAVE NOW:
IP Phone <--alaw--> IP Phone
IP Phone <--alaw--> Asterisk <--g729--> VoIP provider

(Phones are configured only to allow alaw and g729, provider is configured
only to allow g729; however phones are never using g729)

WHAT WE NEED:
IP Phone  <--alaw--> IP Phone
IP Phone <--g729--> VoIP provider

Please help me accomplish that.