[Asterisk-Users] What is the best Dell Machine for Asterisk?

Phil Pritchard phil at pritchard.asn.au
Wed Dec 28 14:30:05 MST 2005

i could not recommend dell more.
 and also to say, there is loads of support for 2.4 and 2.6 kernels for
most if not all of there hardware.
"times are a changing!"

the best bang for buck(only a few months ago) is the poweredge
sc430..(extremely quiet, without a load)
works perfectly, everything!

with regard to irq problems, you will get that with any
machine/hardware. not just dell.
when i build or commission a new server, i always run hardware tests.
like ram, hard drive, processor and motherboard.
checking motherboard for interrupt conflicts etc.(with all cards installed)
the best all round tool for this is the UBCD. universal boot cd ( goggle )
there are a few versions, ie. a small(about 35meg) and a large one( abit
over 100meg)...for memory.

i have a lot of dell machines, including some very old ones.. that still
go hard...
the engineering in these machines is the reason why i use them.
i have pulled a lot of machines/servers apart, and there one of the best..

there my bit! hope it helps...

Phil