[Asterisk-Users] Re: 26. RE: Stay away from Grandstream! (Bjorn Asmul)

Joe McConnaughey kenn10 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 10:51:06 MST 2005

The Grandstream certainly has issues, but it seems most of the SIP phones
do.  I continue to have excellent results with the Aastra 9133i.  The latest
firmware (1.3) supports busy lamps with Asterisk 1.2.x.  I think that dollar
for dollar, it is a fine phone and works better than most.  Again, YMMV but
its a good phone for my office needs.

>  26. RE: Stay away from Grandstream! (Bjorn Asmul)

> Having tried EVERY single product from Grandstream, I don't think it's
> fair to judge Grandstream the way people do.
>
> I'm very happy with Grandstream products.
> As long as you upgrade the firmware they work fine.
> In fact they sometimes handle NAT better than any other device that I've
> tried (including ALL Sipura products).
>
> Grandstream is also one of very few to support ILBC codec, and
> BLF-support for Asterisk.
>
> If someone has tried the same, please comment.
>
> Bjorn

>>> 1. Support for g729 is buggy