[Asterisk-Users] Automatic logoff of all agents at set time

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Dec 28 07:42:21 MST 2005

Chuck Bunn wrote:

> When I add 'persistentmembers=no' in queues.conf and reload I get a
> message in the message log file saying unknown keyword
> 'persistentmembers'. I got the syntax from
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Queue under the notes
> section.

You haven't told us what version of Asterisk you are using, but you are
probably using 1.0.x, if it doesn't support that option.

Regardless, that option won't do what you want anyway, since you are
using agents and not dynamic queue members. The 'persistentagents'
option in agents.conf could do it, but that's still an ugly way to
handle it.

Since agents can be logged off using CLI commands or manager interface
actions, it would be quite simple to write a script to run via a cron
job late at night to forcibly log off all your agents.