[Asterisk-Users] Dialling out with clone X100P board

Roger Hill rhill at hillconsult.com
Wed Dec 28 06:53:57 MST 2005

Hi Ryan:
Christmas intervened!
Got it working. It turned out not to be the ww that did it, but the
toneduration parameter in the zapata.conf file.

Setting
toneduration=200
did the trick.

Thanks for the help, hope this tip helps someone else later on.

Happy New Year!
Roger

burke at tailorhosting.com wrote:

>I had the same problem at first. Try adding a "w" or two before the
>${EXTEN}. That makes it wait a little bit before sending the DTMF numbers.
>
>Here is the dial() I'm using:
>
>Dial(ZAP/1/ww${EXTEN})
>
>Try it out and see. Let us know if it works.
>
>Ryan
>

>>Hi all :
>>
>>I need a little help please.
>>
>>I have a clone X100P board. I have it all set up and working (just
>>testing so far) for incoming calls from PSTN.
>>
>>For outgoing to PSTN I have a strange problem.
>>
>>I dial out OK, the Zap channel answers the SIP channel ok, (But I do not
>>see a Call bridged message, and the call has some strange charateristics.
>>
>>If I call 123, I can connect to and hear the time clock provided by BT
>>(I'm in the UK) Is this 'audio before answer'?)
>>
>>If I call any other external number, eg my cellphone, it never rings,
>>and after 30 secs or so the Zap channel hangs up.
>>
>>I have been testing this with a very simple Dial(ZAP/1/${EXTEN}) command.
>>
>>What should I be looking for in my setup?
>>
>>Many thanks, and happy Christmas to all.
>>
>>Roger

Roger Hill				07739 707 180
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get
tired of doing the hard work you already did.