[Asterisk-Users] Stay away from Grandstream!

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Dec 28 00:31:25 MST 2005

calvis wrote:
> Are you saying that we just wasted our money with our recent purchase of
> Grandstream phones?   The last thing I need is problems with a phone.
> Someone please confirm…are these phones unusable?

They're not unusable.

Grandstreams are a budget-line phone, as is obvious from their price.

They don't perform as well as the expensive Ciscos and Polycoms, but
many of us are using them in a variety of circumstances quite happily.

"YMMV," as they say.

It's always a good idea before adopting *any* phone to get a couple of
them into a lab environment and play with them first.  Surprises when a
system is out in the field and under load can be very bad for one's
peace of mind.

B.