[Asterisk-Users] Blackberry SIM card

Kerry Garrison support at techdatapros.com
Tue Dec 27 11:06:17 MST 2005

To get a sim card you need service from T-Mobile. Any cell phone, land line,
sat phone, etc will work with Asterisk depending on what you mean "work with
*". You can set up an phone number as a custom extension. If you mean you
want to setup the blackberry as a sip phone that communicates with your
Asterisk server, I don't really know how you use it within the Blackberry
but if you have the Blackberry Enterprise Service you can send out a setting
to the Blackberry to configure a SIP server. To make this all happen you
will need:

Blackberry (you already have that)
SIM Card (requires T-Mobile service account)
Windows 2000/2003 Server (maybe you have one, maybe not)
Blackberry Enterprise Server (about $1,500 for a 5 user license)

This is based on my LIMITED experience servicing a client that has a few
Blackberrys, I have never touched the SIP settings on theirs, I have only
seen them in the BES setup. If there is something different that I don't
know about, please let me know.

Kerry Garrison
Publisher - http://GeekGazette.com - http://VOIPSpeak.net
(949) 502-7819 x200 - kerryg at techdatapros.com