[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Christmas Help request

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Dec 26 08:05:02 MST 2005

Mr Asterisk wrote:

>P4, 400 Mhz, 384Mb RAM, 40Gb HD
>4 OEM X100P Cards

With 4 X100P cards, you are putting an enormous strain on a PC of that
class.  Consider moving to a TDM400 card.

>Questions
>
>1)
>When someone calls in to one of the FXO lines, there is a 3-4 second delay
>before the configured internal extension starts ringing. Is there anyway to
>reduce this?

Not really, Asterisk has to answer and then forward.  That take a little
time.

>2)
>Is it possible to make Asterisk behave like a typical office PBX, in so much
>as after I press 9, I then get an outside line and hear the TelCo. dial

Yes, but then you'd loose the ability to control the call.  You can do a:
  *exten => _9.,1,Dial(ZAP/1/9)*

But, at this point you won't be able to restrict anything.  Very bad idea.

>3)
>I get a lot of echo and noise distortion when making an external TelCo call.
>Some people say they can't hear what I say.

Again, move away from the X100P cards

>4)
>Is it possible to make a routing, as follows
>Dial 8 go to Internet Call
>Dial 9 go to TelCo. Call

Yes

Doug