[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank timing

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Dec 25 20:02:26 MST 2005

On Sunday 25 December 2005 20:47, Chris Mason wrote:
> I set the card up so that
> Port1
> TE_CLOCK= MASTER
> TE_REF_CLOCK= 0
> Port2
> TE_CLOCK = NORMAL
> TE_REF_CLOCK = 1
>
> which should make Port 2 take it's timing from Port 1 and Port 1 take
> it's timing from the onboard clock.

Ok; I'm not *that* familliar with the Sangoma cards (I do love their S518 ADSL
card though!) so I'll have to believe you on that setup.  :-)

> On the 600 I set it to Timing = Network, but on the 750 I can't figure
> out which one of these it should be.
> LOOP
> LOCAL
> EXTERNAL

Loop.

> On the 600, the manual says:
> "The selected clock option always designates the clock source for
> transmission. Clocking necessary for receiving data is always recovered
> from incoming data."

Yup.  You want Loop or Network.

> So for the 750, loop would be the same thing.

Correct.

> So, as far as I can tell, everything is set correctly. Which is a
> problem because it does not sound right.

Can you get just one channel bank working?  What exactly does it sound like?
Frame slips sound like the occassional "chirp" or buzz.

-A.