[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank timing

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Sun Dec 25 16:39:25 MST 2005

Can anyone help me understand channel bank timing? I have a server with
a Sangoma A104 T1 card connected to two channel banks and I am having
audio problems that is clearly timing errors. I thought I understood how
to configure it but clearly I don't.
All my incoming lines are PSTN, I do not have access to PRI. All my
extension phones are SIP. My asterisk version is 1.2.1.

Channel bank 1: Adtran 600 with 12 FXO:
Timing set to Network on CB
/etc/zapata.conf: span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs

Channel Bank 2: Adtran 750 with 12 FXO
Timing set to loop on channel bank controller
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs

With this configuration I am getting choppy sound. What should they be
set to?

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts