[Asterisk-Users] PRI outgoing caller ID stopped working

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Dec 24 14:40:55 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> For the last 2.5 years I've been using Asterisk with a Bell Canada PRI with no
> issues.  In the last month or so something has changed; I cannot send *any*
> caller ID.  Incoming works great, and if I place a call through a VOIP
> provider the caller ID I'm sending shows up.

Interestingly, some systems I manage also began exhibiting this behavior
in the past ten days or so. I have been working with the telco and they
too show the Calling Number being received as expected over the PRI, but
yet the far end receives 'Unknown' or 'Out of Area' depending on their
CLID display device.

I will continue to try to debug it, but I can't back down the code on
that box to an older version for comparison of the PRI traffic; if you
can do so, that would be most helpful.