[Asterisk-Users] recording queue calls

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Sat Dec 24 11:58:23 MST 2005

Tom Lynn wrote:
> Faris,
> Is there a way to have * send save these in an off-server location?  Or
> have * e-mail them via smtp and then delete them from the server
> automatically?

I'm sure there is a very technical way of doing it. For example if I
remember correctly you can set your own script to run to join the two
sides of an audio recording (something I tried using to solve the
problem I'm having with joining two sides of a conversation, but with no
luck). You could add a mail command to the script to do what you want.

I'm afraid I don't remember the exact details of how this is done, but I
think I came across it when searching for "asterisk call recording" on
Google. There was a full script for an alternative mixing solution.

Or you could use rsync, running every hour or every day as a cron job,
to synchronise the /var/spool/asterisk/monitor directory on the machine
tasking the calls with a second server.

e.g.

rsync -e "ssh" -avz /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/
user at seconddomain:~/monitorbackup

You'd need to set up a passwordless private/public key combination for
this to work automatically though.

There may also be issues with the rsync job using too much bandwidth and
causing audio quality problems. Hmm...

Well, I'm sure someone who know more than me on this topic will pipe up
on this!

Faris.