[Asterisk-Users] AMP stuff via CLI?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Dec 24 06:31:45 MST 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 05:18:01PM -0500, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hi, all.  I like AMP a lot -- I think it's a nifty program, and it makes
> a lot of tasks very easy to do.  However, as with any GUI, it's hard to
> automate what it does.
>
> So: are there any CLI equivalents for the stuff AMP does?  Yeah, yeah, I
> could hand-edit the files, but AMP uses a MySQL backend, and I'm not
> even sure what-all goes into there.  So if someone's got
> a) AMP-equivalent CLI stuff, or
> b) CLI commands that work, that don't have anything to do with AMP, but
> would still allow for easy automation,
> then I'd be very, very interested to hear about it.

Define "what AMP does".

AMP is written without any thought whatsoever of seperation of logic
from interface. so if you want to create an alternative interface you'll
either have to rewrite parts of it or reimplement parts of it in your
CLI.

Alternatively, consider using other interfaces that do keep this
separation. One such interface is http://destar.berlios.de .

However if all you need is the CLI interface, simply write a few scripts
and be done with that. So again, what do you need from the CLI
interface?