[Asterisk-Users] Matching SIP users and peers

Joshua Colp joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Dec 23 11:19:00 MST 2005

Hello Doug,

A user is only matched on when the user part of the SIP URI matches the name
of one in sip.conf, Asterisk then challenges for credentials. A user is only
used when username/password authentication occurs. In your scenario, this
doesn't occur.

A peer can be matched on for incoming calls using the insecure option, this
causes it to match based on the IP address.

Joshua Colp