[Asterisk-Users] Does broadvoice modify caller ID name?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Dec 23 08:23:35 MST 2005

The logs for my broadvoice BYOD always show caller ID name with
capitalization like "Abc Towing" although every other provider I test
against will show it as "ABC Towing". They even do this to "substituted"
values when their CNAM lookups seem to fail. They will have "Old Town
ME" when every other provider and phone I have shows "OLD TOWN ME".

It looks to me like they are doing some type of "auto capitalization" in
their systems.

I need comments from some "experts" before pursuing this further with
broadvoice.