[Asterisk-Users] How to make Asterisk to generate and terminate calls

Ravi Shankar rbalakri at netd.com
Fri Dec 23 06:41:11 MST 2005

Hi,
  I would like to connect two linux machines running asterisk and then
originate SIP calls from one asterisk and terminate it on the other
asterisk. Terminating the call is not a problem because I can give the
call handle to say AGI application on the terminating asterisk. How do i
originate a call from the asterisk ? Is this possible using AGI ? Any
pointers in this regard would be of great help.

This type of application can be used two simulate bulk calls and find
out what is the maximum limit for the asterisk in terms of CPU
utilization, memory, etc. before it can be deployed in production
environment.

thanks,
Ravi