[Asterisk-Users] Identifying Frame Slips from PRI debug

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Thu Dec 22 16:15:32 MST 2005

Sorry to re-post this... I sent the last one from a mobile T-Mobile account
and their IP was evidently picked up as spam.  My apologies for the "spam
message" that was sent to the list earlier!

>>> First things first;
>>> Check your timing param in zaptel.conf, you almost certainly want it
>>> set to 1 if you are connecting that span to a phone company and it
>>> is the only such connection on that board.
>>
>> The timing is already set to 1 for each of the cards.
>
> Ah, worth asking. Also, just in case, have you powercycled those boxes
> since you set the timing source ?

Yes.  These boxes were all set "correctly" during their original install,
and have been power cycled several times since then.

> I had no end of trouble 'till I noticed that a cold-start seemed to be
> the only thing that ensured that both ends of the link _knew_ that I'd
> changed the timing settings.
>
> I've mentioned this on-list a while back and got mixed reactions, some
> folk felt cold start is overkill and a mod/load/unload is enough, but
> everyone agrees that an asterisk reload isn't enough.
>
> The only other thing I can advise is that you look at running the
> patch that Matt (Fredrikson?) from Digium put out a month or so back,
> it allows the low level HDLC protocol to run on the chip, not in the
kernel.
> I haven't looked at it as I don't think it is supported on the older
cards.

I am aware of this patch (5313), but it appears to only work for TE4XX/TE2XX
cards.  Since the two cards I am using are T100P and TE110P I don't think it
is currently an option.

Eric