[Asterisk-Users] Creating conf files from db

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Thu Dec 22 15:25:11 MST 2005

Douglas Garstang a écrit :

> Just wondering if anyone here has tried the approach, where all config
> files are stored in a database, maybe using the ast_static table
> structure. Rather than using realtime to access the database live, you
> have scripts that read the contents of the db, and generate the .conf
> files from that., and then do a 'reload'.

I did do that when I was doing a prototype which used FireFly as a
client + the IAX2 protocol.

I used Perl's Template Toolkit to generate the configuration files from
the DB every 15 minutes or so and then do an asterisk -rx 'restart when
convenient'.

> Anyone tried that? How'd it work for you?

Works just fine. But it was just a prototype which never had more than
20 users. Pretty cool stuff though - I even had the program generate a
custom downloadable firefly installer (using NullSoft installer + Wine
and a bit of Perl scripting) for each user so it would be a zero config
setup.

I never really went ahead with the project because the Firefly people
are unreacheable. Their mailserver is pretty much broken, they don't
answer the phone, and they never shipped those Fancy IAX adapter that
are on display on their site...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.