[Asterisk-Users] Make Asterisk explicitly UNREGISTER from a SIP service?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 10:19:39 MST 2005

I have an Asterisk box registered with an external SIP provider. I want
to make a different Asterisk box take over that registration. I removed
the register statement from the sip.conf on the first box, did a sip reload,
then enabled the register statement in the sip.conf on the second box,
followed by a sip reload on there.

The second box is getting a "403 Login limit exceeded" from the SIP
provider, presumably because the original registration is still active.

How can I make the first Asterisk explicitly unregister?

Failing that, I'm hoping that the original registration at the provider
times out, although it hasn't done so yet, an hour after the change.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield