[Asterisk-Users] Realtime Config

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Dec 22 09:34:21 MST 2005

I'm a little confused about something with Realtime.

It isn't clear to me what order Asterisk prefers to read the config. If we are using realtime, do we have to completely throw away the use of the .conf files? Sometimes not it appears. Extensions.conf lets you have a switch command to call into Realtime. For other conf files, you can use the realtime static table to load the general sections, or can you? I guess this question doesn't make much sense because the docs don't make much sense to me.

My preference is to have static stuff in the config files and have dynamic portions, ie bits that might change, in realtime.

Doug.