[Asterisk-Users] DTMF - > FSK CallerID problems

Ossi Sariola posti01 at poboxes.com
Thu Dec 22 05:55:16 MST 2005

Dear List,

First, Seasons Greetings and all the best for the coming year. I hope this
telecommunication revolution that is Asterisk, and which we are all involved
gains its deserved position.

I have a installation of an * in Brazil, and as you might know, we have a
weird DTMF CallerID in the analog side that sends before the ring a DTMF
String starting with A and ending in C without any warning at all (no
polarity, ring, nothing). This has been discussed not only here in this
list, but also in the local Brazilian lists, and no solution has yet been
implemented.

Hence, the option we have is to install a converter that takes this
"before-ring" DTMF stream and converts it to the Bellcore FSK standard.

Since the process is that the DTMF stream is immediately followed by the
first ring, the converter is able to capture the DTMF stream and convert it
into FSK after the first ring.

Now, I have * 1.0.9 installed from Asterisk at Home 1.5, but as I got better
acquainted with * I dwelled more and into the configs directly, but the core
Asterisk at Home configs are still there.

After installing the converter the setup still fails to get the CID, and
there is not even a peep in the "full" log of asterisk about CID
success/errors after the Simple Switch is started.

One doubt I have is that as * answers the line only after the second ring,
is it missing the CID?

Any other ideas?

I even went into chan_zap and read it all over (phew!!) but since my C
knowledge is inexistent, I doubt I have understood it all, but as far as I
gathered, the Simple Switch (ss_thread?) where the CID detection is, starts
only after the second ring, long after the FSK has been transmitted.

Is this correct?

Man, I am at a loss, and apologize already, for I have this foreboding
feeling that something basic is missing, but after three days of scouring,
still cannot pinpoint it..

Thank you for all your time!

Cheers!

oZ

PS, below is my Zapata.conf..

[channels]

language=us

context=from-pstn

signalling=fxs_ks

;rxwink=300                   ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks

;

; Whether or not to do distinctive ring detection on FXO lines

;

usedistinctiveringdetection=no

cidsignalling=bell

cidstart=ring

usecallerid=yes

hidecallerid=no

callwaiting=yes

usecallingpres=yes

callwaitingcallerid=yes

threewaycalling=yes

transfer=yes

cancallforward=yes

callreturn=yes

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

echotraining=800

rxgain=0.0

txgain=0.0

group=0

callgroup=1

pickupgroup=1

immediate=no

jitterbuffers=12

callprogress=yes

busydetect=yes

;faxdetect=both

faxdetect=incoming

;faxdetect=outgoing

;faxdetect=no

;callerid=asreceived

; Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"

signalling=fxo_ks

; Note: this is an extension. Create a ZAP extension in AMP for Channel 1

context=from-internal

group=1

channel => 1

signalling=fxs_ks

; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 2

context=from-pstn

group=0

channel => 2

signalling=fxs_ks

; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 3

context=from-pstn

group=0

channel => 3

signalling=fxs_ks

; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 4

context=from-pstn

group=0

channel => 4

; Span 2: WCTDM/1 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 2"

signalling=fxo_ks

; Note: this is an extension. Create a ZAP extension in AMP for Channel 5

context=from-internal

group=1

channel => 5

signalling=fxo_ks

; Note: this is an extension. Create a ZAP extension in AMP for Channel 6

context=from-internal

group=1

channel => 6

signalling=fxo_ks

; Note: this is an extension. Create a ZAP extension in AMP for Channel 7

context=from-internal

group=1

channel => 7

signalling=fxo_ks

; Note: this is an extension. Create a ZAP extension in AMP for Channel 8

context=from-internal

group=1

channel => 8

;[204]