[Asterisk-Users] unplugging E1 cables while asterisk running

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 03:51:59 MST 2005

Yesterday I've had to unplug one cable coming from a TE410 card to plug
it in another hole, due to provider's changes in the patch panel.
The calls on that span stopped working (can't create zap channel), the
problem was solved restarting asterisk.
Note that the PRI termination hasn't changed, only moved the cables
connecting the card to it from one patch panel to another.
The cable's guy told me that unplugging and quickly replugging E1 cables
isn't a problem on traditional systems,  anyone konws the reason or if
it is a bug that should be reported ?