[Asterisk-Users] Semi OT - SuperMicro config question for the Linux/Hardware jedi's - $50 bounty!

Tony Vickers tvickers at idltechnology.com
Wed Dec 21 19:51:51 MST 2005

Cory,

SUSE LINUX does well with SATA drives http://opensuse.org

--Tony

>>> Cory at VOIPSupply.com  >>>
I have a SuperMicro 5013C-MT with the P4SCT+ motherboard and am having
trouble
with all Linux distributions  (Debian, Gentoo, Redhat ES3 and
Ubuntu). No distributions will detect the SATA drives and therefore
cannot install.

I've ran a google check and it seems the onboard controller is completely
unsupported by Linux and there are proprietary binary drivers with a
classic catch 22 scenario where they require a working installation to set
up while the installation depends on them.

Anyone offer any insight, too late tonight for me to get any support
from SuperMicro, thought I would give the listserv's a try.

If anyone can offer a solution here that gets me past this roadblock,
I'd gladly offer a $50 bounty payable via Paypal.

Thanks,

--
Cory Andrews
Senior Partner