[Asterisk-Users] FAX Problems - PRI, Adtran and ZetaFax

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Dec 21 13:09:23 MST 2005

I have almost exactly the same setup: PRI - > Atlas 550 -> FXS (Octal card)
-> USR Total Control V34 -> Digiboard 16 port -> Zetafax 9. Works
flawlessly, except Zetafax is sometimes problematic tying up to certain fax
machines. Check your timing source on the Atlas, your timing source should
be set to the slot and port that your PRI is plugged into in the demark from
the PSTN. This is most certainly frame slips.

Another thing you can try in the Zetafax configuration snap-in is under
Devices > Your Modem > Device Options > More is to turn down your max baud
rate to 9600, make sure "Class 1" is checked, and use "Software flow
control" this gives maximum compatibility at the expense of slower faxes.

FWIW, I'm phasing out Zetafax inbound in favor of SpanDSP, you should give
it a shot it works pretty good in the latest version (0.0.2-pre21 I think)
out of a few thousand guys that send to me, I only have ~30 that definitely
have a problem. I hard-code those guys in my dialplan to relay the call to a
regular fax plugged into the octal card on the Adtran and everything's cool.

hth