[Asterisk-Users] MWI not working - using seperate vm and call routers:

Tim Connolly tim at theplanet.com
Wed Dec 21 11:13:01 MST 2005

    I have a pair of servers tied to PRI's which only do SIP/ZAP/IAX
terminations and routing. The IVR/Voicemail is on a separate server which
accepts calls from the front line servers via Iax. I am trying to use the
MWI on our Cisco 7960 phones, which isn't working, but I think its because
the voicemail server doesn't have the phones in its list of sip peers.
	Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I tried loading my sipfriends
realtime table on the voicemail server, but since the phones don't ever
register which that particular server, the voicemail server's 'sip show
peers' is always empty.

	Any suggestions on how to get MWI working? Is there someway for the
voicemail server to tell the front line server "Hey, 1234 has voicemail,
light him up!" ?

Thanks
Tim