[Asterisk-Users] SIP Subscriptions

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Wed Dec 21 09:22:25 MST 2005

Douglas Garstang wrote:

> Maybe some from Digium will read this email and it will make a 0.001% contribution towards some of these things being fixed. Oh, and no... I can't switch to another solution. The decision was made above my head to go with Asterisk. It's my job to make it do all that 'enterprise-grade' stuff.

My recommendation is for you to approach the decision makers of your
organization and suggest that you submit Asterisk to the Open Source
Maturity Model as described in "Succeeding with Open Source" by Bernard
Golden. It sounds like you come from a pragmatist organization that
demands a mature product and thus the book would provide much needed
context for working with an open source project.

Regards,

--
Jason Becker
Director & CEO