[Asterisk-Users] Identifying Frame Slips from PRI debug

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Wed Dec 21 08:18:50 MST 2005

Can someone help me understand how to identify frame slips from "pri debug",
"pri intense debug", or any other method?

I have 2 Dell 18xx servers (at different locations) connected to the PSTN
via PRI's.  One is connected with a T100P and the other via a TE110P.  Both
are in production and seem to work fairly well for voice, though we have had
mixed success with SpanDSP.  The phone company recently called me to let me
know that their switch showed we were experiencing a number of frame slips,
error seconds, unavailable seconds, and FES(I think?) on both of our PRI
circuits.  They also surprised me by showing up at one of the sites to test
the circuit.  All of their tests show the circuit as fine.

I am familiar with zttest, avoiding interrupt sharing, mucking with ACPI,
making sure DMA is on, etc... I have a list of changes I intend to make to
the server(s), but don't know how to actually watch the output to see if my
changes are affecting the # of frame slips.

I have several other similar machines in production connected via PRI to
different phone companies, and I suspect they are experiencing the same
issues... but that the other phone companies are not as pro-active in
letting me know there are problems.  Any help would be tremendously
appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric