[Asterisk-Users] Tracing a crash with CAPI calls

Andrew Gough AGough at gcdtech.com
Wed Dec 21 05:09:04 MST 2005

I have just setup asterisk on a debian sarge box. I am running Asterisk
1.21 with AMP and chan_capi_cm 0.6.1  using a BT Speedway (AVM Fritz)
ISDN card, connected to a BT ISDN2e line. Currently we have 6 extensions
configured all using CounterPath(Xten) eyebeam softphone.

After many hours of Googling I have finally got it all setup and
working. We can transfer calls internally and make and receive external
calls. Its all great except for stability issues!!

Essentially  every now and again, in the middle of a call (so far only
external CAPI calls) asterisk simply dies. No warning, no error, just my
console session outputs a disconnected from console message.

The server is a brand new AMD 3400+ with 512Mb RAM.

The other issue experienced is occasional break up on inbound sound
quality.

I don't expect anyone to be able to solve this one straight away but I
am at a loss where to look, I have tried /var/logs/messages

BTW, asterisk starts again without a problem.

Regards

Andrew Gough