[Asterisk-Users] hangup detection

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Dec 21 01:12:26 MST 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Diego Andr=E9s Asenjo Gonz=E1lez wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>=20
> Jonathan wrote:
> >=20
> > Hi,
> > =20
> > I'm using a td400p card with an FXO port and asterisk 1.2.1 in South
> > Korea and asterisk isn't detecting when PSTN callers hangup.
> > I've gone through all the settings related to hangup detection and none
> > work.  I've tried:
> >     hanguponpolarityswitch=3Dyes
> >     callprogress=3Dyes
> >     busydetect=3Dyes
> >     busycount=3D6 =20
> I'm using asterisk/zaptel 1.0.10 and have the same situation. I'm in
> Colombia and tried with a lof of loadzone=3D
> > =20
> > Debug doesn't show reverse polarity events so I'm pretty stuck.
> > =20
> > I've got zaptel configured with a loadzone of US and kewlstart signiall=
ing.
> > =20
> > Has anybody had success with these cards/asterisk in South Korea?=20
> =BFOr in the world?
> > =20

We implemented a busypattern=3D option for the zapata.conf that might help=
=20
you.

Test like so:  Dial into your Asterisk system via the FXO port to an=20
extension on your box.  Now hang up from the outside.  Listen to the call=
=20
on the internal extension.

If you hear a regular beep-beep tone of some sort, busypattern=3D might hel=
p=20
you.

You need to time exactly the length of the beep and the length of the=20
silence.  (To get it nice and accurate, record it, then load into=20
Audacity and measure).

Say it comes out at 750 msec of beep, 500 msec of silence.  Then adjust=20
your zapata.conf like so:

busydetect=3Dyes
callprogress=3Dno
busypattern=3D750,500