[Asterisk-Users] Busy recognition

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Dec 20 23:08:48 MST 2005

I've found that I can only get ${DIALSTATUS} to work reliably if I have a qualify= directive in sip.conf against the user. If you don't put the qualify= directive in there, Asterisk will just ring and ring until the ring timeout occurs. If you do put it in there, and Asterisk has had a chance to send OPTIONS to the peer/user then it will report the result of the Dial (ie no connect, 404 Not Found) in ${DIALSTATUS}.